Resources for Admitted Students
Welcome to the Mandel School! We are thrilled you are joining our 100-year legacy of social justice and educational excellence. While we will be in touch with you regularly before you start your first class, these resources should help answer many of your initial questions and help you plan your transition as a new student. If you have any immediate questions or concerns, please contact our Admissions Team at 216.368.1655 or MandelSchool@case.edu.
After you are accepted at the Mandel School, you will want to review the procedures below to apply for student loans listed on your financial aid award. If you have any questions regarding the financial aid application process, please contact Matt Colver in Mandel School Admissions at 216.368.1108 or via email at email@example.com.
- Complete your FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov. Make sure you fill out the FAFSA using the Mandel School Federal School Code: E00084.
- Next, complete your internal financial aid Application found at financialaid.case.edu. A CWRU Network ID is required to access this site, which you will be provided upon admission.
- Once the financial aid applications have been completed, you will receive an award letter that specifies your gross award amounts. (Note: This award letter will be emailed to your CWRU email account.)
- To accept your financial aid awards offered in your Financial Aid Award letter, you must log into My Financial Aid through Case Western Reserve’s Student Information System. You will also need to complete external Documents through the Department of Education. You will need to Complete Entrance Counseling, and sign Master Promissory Notes at studentloans.gov.
- If you have other sources of financial aid such as VA Benefits, or if you are receiving Employer Reimbursement please consult the Mandel School Office of Financial Aid for assistance.
Federal Direct Loans
1. Log in to studentloans.gov using your FAFSA PIN, date of birth, social security number and the first two letters of your last name. If you have difficulty with the website, please contact the Department of Education’s helpline at 800.557.7394.
2. Click on “complete Master Promissory Note” and choose “subsidized/unsubsidized.” This MPN will be good for 10 years.
3. If you have not done so in the past, complete entrance counseling by clicking on the appropriate link. You will then choose if you are a graduate or undergraduate student.
4. CWRU will receive confirmation of your submitted documents within 48 hours.
Federal Perkins Loan or CWRU Loan
1. You will receive an e-mail from ECSI when you have a university or Perkins loan that is ready to be signed.
2. Go to heartlandecsi.com and follow the instructions under borrower/student login to complete entrance counseling and sign your Master Promissory Note.
1. View and compare lender benefits and services through the FASTChoice Lender List.
2. Choose a lender, click “apply” and complete the application.
3. The Office of External Loans will certify your loan after we receive confirmation that the entire loan procedure has been completed.
Please note: Disbursement of private loans averages 3 to 4 weeks. Please apply early if you are borrowing a private loan.
If you choose a lender not on the CWRU preferred lender list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
August 13-15, 2015: Intensive Weekend MSSA Student Orientation
August 17-21, 2015: Full-Time On-Campus MSSA Student Orientation
International Student Services (ISS)