International Students

The Mandel School has a deep commitment to international education. Last year, 10% of our students were from outside the United States, 37% of our faculty engaged in international activities, over 100 students traveled in our short-term Study Abroad program, and we hosted several international visiting scholars.

We welcome international students to apply for admission to all of our academic programs. The Mandel School offers:

In addition to our standard application requirements, international students must also provide the following information:

If your official transcript is in a language other than English, then your transcript must be accompanied by an English translation. Transcripts and/or English translations should be mailed directly to the Mandel School Admissions Office or given to you in a sealed envelope for submission, along with the other supporting application materials. If your institution does not provide English translated transcripts, the Mandel School also accepts evaluations from the following organizations: World Education Services (WES) and Foreign Credentials Service of America.
If English is not your native language, you will be required to submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test score. The Mandel School code for TOEFL is 1105. The minimum TOEFL required scores are: 577 (paper-based) or 90 (internet-based). For the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), the minimum score is 7.0. Official results of this test must be forwarded to the Mandel School Office of Admissions.
If your native language is English, you have completed your work in an international university where English is the language of instruction, or you have studied at or graduated from an American institution, you are exempt from this proficiency testing requirement.
If admitted to the program, international students must provide proof of financial support. Once admitted, you will be asked provide original bank documents as evidence of support to cover educational and living expenses for one academic year. This supporting documentation will be required to confirm enrollment and initiate the appropriate immigration and visa process. (This proof of financial support can include all scholarship awards from the Mandel School.)