Harris Library Policies
Current CWRU students, faculty and staff may borrow most books, pamphlets, and media items with a valid ID Card.
Special Borrowers may check out six items at a time including books, pamphlets, videos, or OhioLINK materials.
- Books and pamphlets – 21 days
- Video tapes and DVDs – 7 days
- Laptop computers – 3 days
- OhioLINK items – 21 days
- Course reserves – 2 hours. If you borrow it within 2 hours of the library closing, it’s overnight.
- Overnight course reserves – within the first hour the library opens the next morning
You’re welcome to renew items online, by phone or in person.
- Harris and other CWRU libraries – 4 times
- OhioLINK items – 6 times
- Course reserves, DVDs, videos and laptops – None
- Interlibrary Loan items – At lending library’s discretion. Contact the Harris Library Circulation Desk for more information.
Returning Borrowed Material
All borrowed items may be dropped off at the:
- Main Harris Library Service Desk
- Harris Library book return in front of the Mandel Building
- Please return DVDs, videos, remotes and other electronic items directly to the main Harris Library Service Desk.
- CWRU books and pamphlets – $.25 daily
- OhioLINK materials – $.50 daily
- $50 for each item returned after a $125 billed notice is sent
- Audiovisual materials – $5 daily
- Laptop computers – $25 each day
- Two-hour reserve material – $1 per hour.
- One-week reserve material – $1 per day
- Two-hour reserve materials returned the next day after due date – $15
Loss of Library Privileges
- $15 or more in Library charges
- Privileges are reinstated once fees are under $15
Lost Or Damaged Materials
- Case Libraries except for Health Sciences Libraries – $110 per item
- Health Sciences Libraries – Cost of item plus $35
- OhioLINK Libraries – $125 per item