Lenore A. Kola, PhD
Classes I Teach at MSASS:
- SSWM 563 Social Work Interventions in Mental and Substance Use Disorders
- SASS 564 Social Work Interventions in Alcohol and other Drug Abuse
- SPPP 502 Issues in Alcohol and Drug Abuse Policy and Service Delivery
Affiliations and Activities:
- Member, AODA (Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse) Concentration Committee
- Member, HRSA (Health Resources and Services Administration)-AMERSA (Association for Medical Education and Research in Substance Abuse) Fellowship Advisory Committee
- Member, NASW (National Association of Social Workers) Alcohol, Tobacco and other Drugs Section
Research and Training:
- Co-Director, SAMI Coordination Center of Excellence (state-wide Program funded by ODMH.
- Project Director, The Co-Morbidity In Substance Abuse and Mental Illness (SAMI) Clinical Training Program for Social work Students funded by the Ohio Department of Mental Health
Alcohol and other drug abuse, Co-occurring Mental and Substance Use Disorders
The Ohio Substance Abuse and Mental Illness Coordinating Center of Excellence (SAMI CCOE) is a partnership between the Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences, Case Western Reserve University (CWRU) and the Department of Psychiatry at the CWRU School of Medicine.