How to Apply at the Mandel School
The Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences is currently accepting applications for our graduate degree programs. To apply, you can begin the process with the online application:
Important Deadlines for the 2014-2015 Academic Year
|June 16, 2014||Fall 2014 Admission||MSSA – Full-time, Part-time & Intensive Weekend Program Options
MNO - Full-time & Part-time Program Options
|June 27, 2014||Fall 2014 Admission||Online MSSA (online degree) Program Option|
Components of your MSSA graduate school application for all program options include the following. All information can be submitted online unless otherwise noted:
- Application form (no application fee)
- Transcripts from an accredited college or university (must be sent by the registrar of each institution you attended to the Mandel School Admissions Office)
- Three recommendation letters (preferably from a faculty member, direct supervisor or volunteer coordinator)
- Personal statement that is exemplary of graduate level writing and substantially covers all requested questions; 3-5 pages double-spaced with no grammatical errors or typos
- A current resume highlighting your paid and volunteer experiences
In addition, supplement materials must be submitted for both the Online MSSA and the Intensive Weekend Programs. Applicants who wish to earn their social work degree through the Online MSSA program must submit:
- Field Instruction application
- Intensive Weekend applications
- Field Education Proposal
- Applicant’s current job description
- Applicant’s current resume
- Proposed field instructor’s resume
- Copy of the proposed field instructor’s social work license, if applicable
If you are applying to the Online MSSA you must select “MSSA – Virtual” as your degree in the online application. Likewise, those applying to the Intensive Weekend program must select “MSSA – Intensive Weekend” from the degree drop-down list.
The application procedure for the Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences is a self-managed process with you — the applicant — gathering all supporting materials. Your application, typed personal statement (essay), resume, electronic transcript(s) and letters of recommendation can be submitted using the online application.
Please submit your completed application as soon as possible. The Admissions Committee can review your file with at least 2 references and an unofficial transcript; however, no final decision will be rendered until your application is complete. If test scores are required, they should be sent by the Educational Testing Service directly to the Mandel School (school code: 9511105).