The Online MSSA: The Virtual Solution from MSASS
Do you want to earn your master’s degree from a top school, and attend classes around your own schedule? Case Western Reserve University’s new online Master of Science in Social Administration (MSSA) prepares students with the practical knowledge they’ll need to become influential leaders in the field, whether practicing locally, nationally and internationally. Students with a BSW can complete the master’s program in as few as two years while continuing to work; non-BSW students in almost 2.5 years.
The Mandel School at Case Western Reserve University is the first to offer an online master’s degree in social work. Read the latest press release from CWRU.
Features of the Program
- Choose from two distinct concentrations: Community & Social Development and Direct Practice
- Get hands-on field education experience integrated with coursework
Case Western Reserve University’s online Master of Science in Social Administration features two tracks. The Traditional Track for Non-BSW students is a total of 60 credits over 8 semesters and takes as few as two-and-a-half years to complete. The Advanced Standing Track for students with a BSW is a total of 45 semester credits over 6 semesters and takes as few as 2 years to complete. Each semester has two terms with a short break between terms. Regardless of track, all students will take two courses per academic term and are required to participate in 11 total credit hours of Field Education courses throughout the program. Learn more
To be eligible for this program, students must meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with a 2.7 GPA or higher from an accredited college or university
- Evidence of the capacity to succeed in graduate level social work education based on undergraduate coursework and any previous graduate work. Previous work must include courses in social and behavioral sciences strong enough to ensure the applicant’s ability to do creditable work at the graduate level.
- Official transcripts from colleges/universities attended
- MAT or GRE required if GPA is less than 2.7
- Evidence of a combination of personal qualities and values that are considered essential for the professional practice of social work: strong moral character; strong analytical and communication skills; a caring and compassionate nature; and a personal commitment to social justice, empowering individuals, and serving vulnerable and under-represented groups.
- Employment in the Human Services field
- Submission of a field education plan
- The School may request a personal interview or additional information about an applicant if necessary
- International applicants may need to submit additional materials
- Case Western Reserve University is regionally accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA)
- The Master of Science in Social Administration is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
For more details, download the online MSSA brochure.